1.75 14 $1.75 - $14.00
The aroma of these Thyme Leaves are pungent, warming, and spicy. The high volatile oil content preserved by freeze drying lends to the strong intensity of flavor and aroma. Thyme is a verstile herb that is commonly used in Middle Eastern, Western, and European cooking. Thyme complements all types of meat, poultry, seafood, and vegetables. Also, can be used to flavor sauces, gravies, stock, soups, meat loaf, pates, and terrines.
See Recipes Below.
See Recipes Below.
Rosemary Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
4 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced or wedges
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. Spiced Freeze Dried Rosemary
1 tsp. Spiced Freeze Dried Thyme
- Preheat oven at 425 °F.
- Place potatoes in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl and pour over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes across a baking pan and place in oven. Rotate potatoes every 15 minutes until the potatoes are well browned and tender, approximately 45 minutes.
Thyme and Three Cheese Potatoes
2 lb. onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
20 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. Freeze Dried Thyme
12 cup heavy or light cream
10 lb. russet potatoes, diced
12 salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded or grated
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded or grated
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, combine cream, garlic, and thyme. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spray 4 qt baking dish with vegetable spray. Layer the potatoes and onions in pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour hot cream mixture over the potatoes and onions. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300 °F. and continue cooking until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and Cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes. Return to oven until cheese is melted.